We may face different types of issues when using a Bluetooth USB adapter on a Windows computer. This article is intended to teach you how to resolve this issue.
Q1: My Bluetooth adapter is installed successfully, but the Bluetooth icon cannot be seen in the lower right corner of the desktop
1. Checkdevice administratorIf bluetooth is installed correctly.
2.check settingsBluetoothicon in the taskbar.
For Win10, openmechanism->equipment->Bluetooth and other devices ->More Bluetooth options, mark..."Show bluetooth icon in taskbar”。
Win7/8.1 please opencontrol Panel->hardware and sound>Devices and Printers ->Change Bluetooth settings, mark..."Show bluetooth icon in taskbar”。
3.If you still don't get help, check out the Bluetooth support service.
press naWin test + R test, type "usluge.msc", on the listBluetooth support serviceand double-click it. Make sure the service is set toautomatic(trigger start) I started.
Q2: What should I do if the computer cannot recognize the Bluetooth USB adapter when it is plugged in?(There is no bluetooth radio icon in device manager)
(1) Petitione Check if the device is displayed normallydevice administrator.
(2) Try plugging the Bluetooth USB adapter into another USB port and another computer. If it still doesn't work, restart your computer and check again.
(3) Check that there are no other Bluetooth devices on the computer. Disable all existing ones, if any. Built-in bluetooth devicedevice administrator, plug in the adapter and try again.
(4) If the driver can be installed successfully, but the Bluetooth icon is not displayed, please checkP1.
Q3. There is a bluetooth radio in the device manager, but it shows a yellow exclamation mark.
Disable the Bluetooth adapter that came with the computer, and then reinstall the Bluetooth USB adapter.
1. UB400/UB4A: Support plug and play on Windows 10 PC. If not, download the driver fromOfficial websiteAnd install it manually.
UB500: Femaleor Windows 10/8.1 system, the driver installation will start automatically when you connect to the Internet. unless,Download drivers fromOfficial websiteAnd install it manually.
2. If your computer has a built-in Bluetooth function, please turn off the built-in Bluetooth adapter before using the UB series device. (Open Device Manager and right-click your computer's built-in Bluetooth adapter, then click Disable Device.
3. In order to use UB400/UB4A/UB500 normally, all Bluetooth drivers or third-party software must be uninstalled.
Please follow the installation instructions below:How to install the Bluetooth Nano USB Adapter?
Q4: What should I do if the signal of the Bluetooth adapter is weak? How to increase bluetooth range?
1)Use another USB port or use a USB extension cable
Move the adapter to the front of the computer instead of the back of the computerOr use a USB 2.0 extension cable to move the adapter away from the computer.Because processors and system components generate a lot of random radio noise, causing short range and clipping issues.
Intel's white paper confirms that poorly shielded USB 3.0 ports can cause radio interference. If your device is having range issues when connected to a USB 3.0 port, a USB extension cable can help.
2)Make sure the bluetooth receiver has a good signal
Bluetooth range depends on receiving and sending devices. Check the receiving Bluetooth device with your mobile phone to confirm that the range is within the acceptable range.
3)Eliminate possible distractions
Range may be affected by physical obstructions (walls, people, etc.) and wireless interference (Wi-Fi routers, wireless TV adapters, etc.).
4)Check if the network speed is normal
If you're watching video or streaming music from an online source, check to see if the audio loss issue isn't caused by low network speeds.
Q5: Why can't I find my computer after my Bluetooth USB adapter is installed successfully?
Make sure your computer has Bluetooth turned on. Follow these steps: right click on itBluetooth pictogramon computer >open settings>More Bluetooth options.make sure it isAllow Bluetooth devices to find this computerSelected. This is disabled by default. Only after this item is checked, the mobile phone can find the computer.
NOTE: The process is similar for other Windows operating systems.
Q6: Why can't I find my Bluetooth device after installing the Bluetooth USB adapter on my computer? / What should I do if there is no search result after clicking Search again after searching?
1. Make sure your Bluetooth device is set to be visible.
2. Restart the Bluetooth device and computer.
3. Unplug and replug the Bluetooth USB adapter. or disable itdevice administratorand turn it on again.
4. Try to install the driver manually again.
Please follow the installation instructions below:How to install the Bluetooth Nano USB Adapter?
5. After pairing, the device cannot be scanned again unless the device is removed. Therefore, before rescanning, try the following steps on your computer:
gocontrol Panel>hardware and sound>Devices and PrintersYou will then find the device previously connected to the bluetooth usb adapter inequipmentPage. Right click on the device and selectdelete device.Then try scanning for the Bluetooth USB adapter again and you should be able to find the device.
6. For devices with non-standard Bluetooth protocols, there may be compatibility issues. suggestionP7Check out the compatibility list.
Q7: Why doesn't the adapter work with my bluetooth device?
(1) Check if your device has Bluetooth function.
(2) The following compatibility list is based on TP-Link laboratory environment. Many more models are supported than listed.
Note: There may be compatibility issues with devices using non-standard Bluetooth protocols.
|bluetooth device||motherboard||Mobile users|
|Edifier M300||P||MSI B360M MORTEL||P||GALAX S20+||P|
|MI speakers||P||Gigabyte B250-D3H||P||Galaxy Z Flip||P|
|now v196||P||ASUS PRIME Z270-A||P||Galaxy Note 20||P|
|Soybean S-35||P||ASUS Z170-AR||P||Honor V20||P|
|JBL LINK20||P||Gigabyte B150-HD3P||P||Mi 11||P|
|Bose SoundLink Revolve||P||ASUS B85-PRO GAMER||P||Huawei P20||P|
|Huawei FreeLace Pro||P||Gigabyte GA-H81-D3||P||Galaxy S10e||P|
|Airpods Pro||P||ASUS PRIME X370-PRO||P||innerfoss c9||P|
|give him the flying saucer||P||Intel Haswell-Lynx Point||P||millet bracelet 5||P|
|new mine||P||MSI Z390M||P||GS43VR Phantom Pro-069||P|
|Town Planner||P||ASRock-H110-Pro BTC||P||New Inspiron 13 7000||P|
|Xiaomi Flipbug Pro||P||ASUS B450-F||P||Dell XPS 15||P|
|Logitech K480 Keyboard||P||Gigabyte H77||P||Surface Laptop 3||P|
|Rapoo 7200M music box||P||Gigabyte H97||P||apple computer||F|
|apple mouse||P||ASUS Z170 PRO||P||SurfaceGo 2||P|
|Switch Pro||P||Gigabyte H87-HD3||P||iPad Air2||F|
|Gigabyte B365-HD3||P||iPad mini 2||F|
|Gigabyte GA-H77-DS3H||P||iPad mini 3||F|
Honor xSport AM61
mate 10 prof
Mi MIX 2s
iPad mini 4
it's just knocking
Bose Soundlink Mini 2
Harman Kardon to play
B&O Beoplay 6
ASUS_B85 PRO GAMER_D5
Polazzi Solo 3
Q8: Why is there no audio output when playing audio after my computer is paired with a Bluetooth headset or stereo?
1)Reset default playback device.
1. Right clicksound iconClick on the taskbarsound.When the sound window opens, click thegameLabel.
2. Then you will see a list of audio devices, click the Bluetooth device. then pressdefault settingand save the changes, then click Apply and OK.
1. Go to taskbar and right click on itsoundicon, select itsound.
2. When the sound window appears, go togametab and right click on the bluetooth devicefeature.
3. Click nagradecard, drag it all the way to the right. Click Apply and OK.
3)Remove and fix the bluetooth device.
1. Go tomechanismi clickBluetooth.
2. Remove the Bluetooth device and reconnect it.
Q9: Why is the sound quality so poor?
1) live togethercontrol Panel>Devices and Printers.
2) Find your bluetooth device, continue if you see an orange warning. If not, you can continue with Method 2.
3) Right click on your device and selecttroubleshooting. Windows will try to solve your problem.
1) live togethercontrol Panel>Devices and Printers.
2) Find your headset/audio device.
3) Right click on your device and go tofeature.
4) live togetherServecard and cancelHandsfree.
5) touchAll right, and restart the machine.
For Windows 7 users:
gocontrol Panel>hardware and sound>Audio Device Management> right clickBluetooth audio playback;live togetheradvancedCards and SuitsDVD quality.
Try using a different USB port for the device. Also try connecting the USB device to another laptop for testing. (Note: If your computer has built-in Bluetooth, you must disable the original Bluetooth function.)
Try disconnecting another bluetooth device.
Q10: The sound stops when listening to music
Remove the Bluetooth headset from the device. (Right-clickBluetoothicon in the lower right corner of the desktop, then chooseshow bluetooth devices.then insoundsection, you will find that the headset is connected. Please clickdelete device)
Then pair the headphones again and add them as devices. Sometimes you need to do this a few times before the sound starts to flow smoothly for music and streaming video.
If the adapter is installed inWindows 10, try disabling the built-in microphone via bluetooth. Then try again.
Q11: Why is the Bluetooth adapter delayed?
1. It is recommended that the distance be within five meters. Try to get closer to the computer to see if the effect will be better.
2. Keep the Bluetooth adapter away from the Wi-Fi signal source, because the 2.4GHz Wi-Fi signal will affect the Bluetooth signal.
3. USB 3.0 introduces radio frequency interference in the 2.4 GHz to 2.5 GHz range, the same radio spectrum used by Bluetooth and Wi-Fi. Therefore, it is not recommended to use USB 3.0 ports, nor to place Bluetooth adapters too close to routers or working USB 3.0 devices.
Q12: Why can't my UB400/UB4A find or pair with my PS4 PS4TM controller?
After UB400/UB4A is successfully installed, the computer can search for most Bluetooth devices. But if you want to pair your PC with a PS4TM controller, you need to install an extra appRemotePlayInstaller.exefrom Sony. For more details, see the FAQ below:
Make sure your PC has enabled the Bluetooth function. Please follow the steps below: right click on the Bluetooth icon on your PC > Open Settings > More Bluetooth Options. Check if the Allow Bluetooth devices to find this PC has been selected. This item is unchecked by default.How do I reset my Bluetooth USB adapter? ›
To reset a Bluetooth device, open the Start menu and go to Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices. Then select the Bluetooth device you want to remove and click Remove device > Yes. Finally, click Add Bluetooth or other device to reconnect your device.Why won't my PC recognize my Bluetooth adapter? ›
Try unpairing, then re-pairing, the device. To unpair a device, select Start , then select Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices . Select the Bluetooth device that's paired but not working, then select Remove device > Yes. After that, pair the device again.How do I get my USB Bluetooth adapter to work? ›
- Insert the Bluetooth dongle in your computer's USB port.
- Open the Device Manager and Bluetooth will appear.
- Go to “Settings”, click on “Bluetooth and other devices” and choose the “Add Bluetooth or other device” option.
- Select the device of your choice and pair up!
- USB Drive Not Showing Up: Causes.
- #1) Restart Your Computer.
- #2) Update Computer.
- #3) Change USB Root Hub Settings.
- #4) Update USB Driver.
- #5) Check And Change Ports.
- #6) Change USB Selective Suspended Settings.
- #7) Format Your Drive.
- Go to Settings > System.
- Tap Advanced.
- Select Reset options.
- Tap Reset Wi-Fi, mobile, & Bluetooth.
- Tap Reset settings. Then, enter your phone's PIN if asked.
- Start the Windows Device Manager.
- Expand the Bluetooth branch.
- Find the Bluetooth adapter node, common names are: Bluetooth Radio. Generic Bluetooth Adapter. ...
- Right click on your Bluetooth adapter node.
- Select Update driver.
- Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
First things first, reboot your Android phone as well as the other phone you're trying to connect to. This is the fastest way to get rid of any temporary bug in your phone that is hindering the Bluetooth connection. Once you have rebooted the device, turn on the Bluetooth from the Control Center or Settings.How do I fix the Bluetooth pairing problem? ›
- Open the Bluetooth Settings. Make sure Bluetooth is enabled on your phone. ...
- Check the device's current connections. ...
- Check the Bluetooth range. ...
- Restart both devices. ...
- Try connecting to a Bluetooth device. ...
- Pair another Bluetooth device to the phone. ...
- Clear the Bluetooth cache. ...
- Check both devices for software updates.
- Click the Windows Start button.
- Hover over My Computer and right-click.
- Select Properties.
- Click the Hardware tab.
- Click Device Manager.
- Click the + next to Modem and ports.
- If 3G Modem and 3G PC UI Interface is shown, the dongle is successfully connected.
Not all computers have built-in Bluetooth adapters. But that does not mean you can't experience the convenience of wireless technology. In this post, we'll show how you can add Bluetooth to any computer.What is the difference between a Bluetooth adapter and a Bluetooth receiver? ›
Receivers and adapters are essential tools for Bluetooth technology, and even more so for audiophiles who appreciate the high-quality sound. While the two are similar, the main distinction is that a receiver receives Bluetooth signals, whereas an adapter converts the signals from one type to another.How do I reinstall Bluetooth drivers on Windows 10? ›
- Open Settings.
- Click on Update & Security.
- Click on Windows Update.
- Click the Check for updates button (if applicable).
- Click the View optional updates option.
- Click the Driver updates tab.
- Select the driver you want to update.
- Click the Download and install button.
On the computer, open the Bluetooth software. The Bluetooth software is typically located in Control Panel. For more information about opening the Bluetooth software, see the "How to open the Bluetooth software" section. Click the Devices tab, and then click Add.How do I know if my wireless adapter is broken? ›
- #1) Not Showing Available Networks. One telltale sign of a bad Wi-Fi adapter is failure to show available networks. ...
- #2) Dropped Connections. ...
- #3) Slow Speeds. ...
- #4) Not Lighting Up. ...
- #5) Pop-Up Error Messages.
- Reboot the computer. Or ...
- Unplug, then re-plug, the physical device connected to the port. Or ...
- Disable, then re-enable, the USB Root Hub device that the port is attached to.
- Connect the USB storage device to the computer.
- Open the Computer or This PC window, depending on your OS version: ...
- In the Computer or This PC window, right-click the drive icon in which the USB device appears.
- From the menu, click Format.
- Check Your Drivers. ...
- Check or Remove USB Devices. ...
- Try the Microsoft Windows USB Troubleshooter. ...
- Try the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter. ...
- Check Power & Sleep Settings. ...
- External Drives. ...
- Check Hardware and Cables.
- Select the Start button, then select Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices.
- Select the Bluetooth toggle to turn it On or Off.
Resetting your Bluetooth device resolves any connection problems as well as any other software-based problems you may be having with your Bluetooth device, like the unit shutting down unexpectedly or locking up.
Check if Bluetooth is installed
Checking a computer to see if a Bluetooth adapter is built-in or installed is done by looking in the Device Manager. Open the Device Manager. Look for the Bluetooth entry and click the arrow to the left of the entry to expand the Bluetooth hardware list.
Typically, when you have to replace a broken Bluetooth adapter, you can remove it and install a new replacement. However, if the adapter happens to be integrated into the wireless card or motherboard, even when it does not work, Windows 10 can still see it, making the new adapter installation a challenge.How do I update my USB adapter driver? ›
- Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button. ...
- In the left pane, click Check for updates. ...
- On the Select the updates you want to install page, look for updates for your hardware devices, select the check box for each driver that you want to install, and then click OK.
- Press Windows key + I to bring up Windows Settings.
- Go to System > Troubleshoot > Other trouble-shooters.
- From the Other list, click Run next to Bluetooth.
Bluetooth connection problems are usually caused by the Bluetooth device being paired with another gadget. You also need to be within range, the devices have to be fully charged, they need to use compatible Bluetooth versions, and you need to stay away from Smart Home devices, USB hubs, and Wi-Fi routers.What is the pairing code for Bluetooth? ›
If a passkey* is required on the display of the BLUETOOTH device, enter “0000.”What to look for when buying a Bluetooth adapter for PC? ›
Expert Advice: While looking for the first Bluetooth Adapter for a PC, the first thing that you need to look out for is the Bluetooth version of the product. There are two options Bluetooth 4.0 and Bluetooth 5.0, which will help you get a proper result. The next key thing is the option of having a good transfer rate.Can one Bluetooth adapter connect to multiple devices? ›
Bluetooth multipoint s a feature that allows a single Bluetooth headset to maintain simultaneous connections to at least two source devices like a laptop and smartphone, and was introduced with the release of Bluetooth 4.0, over ten years ago.Is it OK to leave Bluetooth dongle plugged in? ›
It is safe to leave it plugged in. It will not damage the receiver or the laptop in any way.Is Bluetooth adapter input or output? ›
Apart from USB connections, Bluetooth receivers have nearly universally analog audio output. If your A/V or stereo receiver only has digital inputs, you may need to buy a converter unit that plugs into the wall.
Other times, connectivity problems occur because the computer needs an operating system, software, or device driver update. Other common causes of Windows 10 Bluetooth errors include a broken device, the incorrect settings were enabled or disabled in Windows 10, and the Bluetooth device is turned off.What is the name of the Bluetooth driver for Windows 10? ›
Realtek Bluetooth Driver for Windows 10 (64-bit) - Desktop.Where are Bluetooth drivers stored Windows 10? ›
All Windows versions including Windows 10 store the drivers in the C:\Windows\System32\Drivers folder or C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore folder. You can find all the hardware drivers of your Windows computer in these two folders.How do I reconnect my Bluetooth adapter? ›
On your PC, select Start > Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices > Add Bluetooth or other device > Bluetooth. Choose the device and follow additional instructions if they appear, then select Done.How do I restart my Bluetooth adapter Windows 10? ›
If you have the Bluetooth icon shown in the system tray, the easiest way to restart the Bluetooth radio is to right-click it to open the context menu, select Turn Adapter Off, right-click it again immediately before the icon disappears and select Turn Adapter On.How do I reseat my USB cable or wireless USB receiver? ›
- Click the "Start" button on your task bar. ...
- Open "Control Panel."
- Select "Network and Internet" from the new page.
- Click "Network and Sharing Center" from the top of the window that appears.
- Locate your USB wireless Internet adapter icon.
If your Bluetooth devices won't connect, it's likely because the devices are out of range, or aren't in pairing mode. If you're having persistent Bluetooth connection problems, try resetting your devices, or having your phone or tablet "forget" the connection.Where is my Bluetooth adapter Windows 10? ›
In the search box on the taskbar, type device manager, then select it from the results. Select the arrow next to Bluetooth to expand it. Select the Bluetooth radio listing (yours might simply be listed as a wireless device).Why is my Bluetooth not turning on Windows 10? ›
Run the Windows 10 Bluetooth troubleshooter. Windows 10 has built-in troubleshooter programs that scan a computer for specific problems and fix these issues. To begin the Bluetooth troubleshooter, open the Start menu, then select Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot > Bluetooth.How do I fix my Bluetooth output? ›
If Bluetooth is turned on and the driver is up to date but your device still doesn't work, try removing the device and re-pairing it. Here's how: Go to Start , enter Devices, select Bluetooth and other devices settings > select the device > Remove device > Yes. Try pairing again.
On the Device Manager window, click Network adapters then look for the name of your wireless adapter. To check its status, right-click your computer's network adapter then select Properties. Once the adapter is enabled, there would be a This device is working properly notification if the adapter is working properly.Why my adapter isn t working? ›
Just head to Start > Settings > Network & Internet > Status > Change your network settings > Network troubleshooter. Just let the troubleshooter run and then check if your adapter is back to normal. On Windows 11, open the Start Menu and search for “Find and Fix Network Problems” to run a similar troubleshooting app.How do I get my USB to recognize? ›
- 5 Ways to Get My Computer to Recognize a USB Device. ...
- Check if the USB Device Is Recognized on Another Laptop. ...
- Run Device Troubleshooter. ...
- Uninstall and Re-install USB Controllers. ...
- Disable USB Selective Suspend Setting. ...
- Recover Data and Reformat the USB Drive to Make It Recognized.